BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Donation

My sister (the NICU nurse) came to me and told me that there had been 2 deaths within 24 hours in the NICU. When they went to their Roses from Rosalynn stash of bags, they had been picked over and had nothing left to give the families. It was night time, and unfortunately the head chaplain who deals with the infant deaths, and who I usually deliver the bags to, was out of the office and they couldn't get a hold of her. This is when we decided the NICU and LandD were going to keep a stash outside of the chaplain's office in order to access the bags after hours.

So, on Christmas Eve I packed up 3 bags for girls, and 3 bags for boys, 10 outfits ranging in different sizes, and a stack of special books (Mommy Please Don't Cry, There are No Tears in Heaven and a book written by my mother's 2nd grade class dedicated to Rosalynn) to be given to the grieving families.

I truly hope this helps in the unfortunate  event of an after hours passing.

Please remember, these bags are only made possible through donations. This is a non-profit, and you will get a tax deduction for any donation made. I know this time of year is really hard financially, but ANY little bit helps!

Thank you so much!! Merry Christmas and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment